jeudi, octobre 30, 2008

Obamabeard!

My daytime activities were thoroughly unexciting, so instead allow me to present this picture:

Voilà! This was taken a day after I got my new haircut, so this is Luis with an Election Beard and Jarhead-style haircut. I haven’t stopped getting compliments for the new look, so maybe I’ll stick with it for awhile. I’ll still go through the ritual of shaving the beard after the election, but I might let my scruff grow in a bit more from now on. I may not be a facial hair person, but if all my friends like approve, I’m not going to ignore ‘em.

Anyway, after an evening of being somewhat productive and having dinner, I headed over to Yono in the Marais around midnight to catch Fantômette and another one of my friends, S., who was making his DJ debut tonight. I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised, but I was nonetheless impressed with just how many of our friends came out on a Thursday night to support S. Our crew made up at least 50% of the people in the bar tonight.

Anyway, S.’s set was great. He has excellent taste in music (or, to be precise, we have similar tastes), so I enjoyed every track he put on. He still needs to work on sequencing the tracks so that they follow each other in a coherent way and some of his transitions were a bit rocky, but all of that comes with time. Either way, I was happy to see another member of our group launch himself into the world of musicking.

2 commentaires:

wayne&wax a dit…

lookin shahp!

Luis-Manuel Garcia a dit…

thanx, compadre!